Thursday 19 September 2013

"Even the f*cking monster is pregnant!"



This is a wee story that just popped into my head there for a bizarre reason.

I just received an email from Amazon informing me that based on my previous purchases they think I’d be interested in the fact that Pacific Rim will be coming out on DVD soon.

[Bear with me; this does have relevance to the blog]

It reminded me of when we went to see it in the cinema at the Northern Ireland premiere. Because of the fact that it was the first showing in the country the cinema was packed out. We were in early, as we always are, and people watched for a bit.

A lot of pregnant women came in to the cinema with their husbands/partners. This enraged/upset my good lady wife as at the time we were still in the unsuccessfully trying, going to the doctors a lot stage. I just sort of rub her leg, make a smiley face and be as comforting as I can be in a cinema full of people. This sort of thing has happened a lot over the past wee while, getting a little sad at all the babies and mothers around.

But it’s quickly gotten over and forgotten about and the movie starts.

We’re about halfway through and two scientist types are inside the belly of a fallen monster. They hear a heartbeat. Oh no, maybe the monster isn’t dead. Quick! Everyone out. But wait. It’s not the big monster. it looks like they’re at the monster’s womb. It’s a little baby monster.

At which point Jenny turns to me with a face that half anger, half in stitches and says…

“Even the fucking monster is pregnant!”

And we crack up laughing in the cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment