Tuesday 10 September 2013

It begins...


They say God has a wicked sense of humour.

That may well be true.

In my experience, I think He has more of a strange sense of timing.  

For just days after my good lady wife informs me that after a few months of trying, countless trips to the doctors for both her and myself, as well as having a lot of sex (a lot of sex), that she’s/we’re going to take a break from the baby making endeavours and not worry about it so much anymore, we discover that she just might be pregnant.

In fact, today we went for a scan and were shown a tiny little dot and a flutter of movement that’s apparently a heartbeat (I’m assured that there was a dot and a heartbeat by the doctor, I didn’t know what I was looking at and just nodded and tried not to look too petrified).

So it appears that I am going to be a father, and although its early days (six weeks) and I shan’t be counting any chickens until their hatched, or babies til they’re born, I thought I’d collect my thoughts on the impending birth on this here blog.

I haven’t had any freakouts or anything yet, but if I do I’ll write about it. I’ll also be recounting the events leading up to this day in my own inimitable style.

Also, it’ll be a private blog until such time as I feel I can actually tell folks about the good news, and/or until we’re more or less in the clear, complications wise. 

And thus, it begins...

Wish me luck

Ta-ra

No comments:

Post a Comment