Monday 7 July 2014

“The Waiting Game sucks, let’s play Hungry Hungry Hippos”



It’s Monday the 7th July. Our due date was yesterday.

Now I’m not saying I was expecting the little one to be born on that exact date, but after a trip to the consultant on Friday during which we were told that we were very favourable and that baby was more than likely to arrive soon, we did very little over the weekend and didn’t stray too far from home. Or from each other for that matter.

It turned the entire three day weekend into one of those lazy restless Sundays, where you’re just bumming about the house, not knowing what to do and just wiling away the hours (that go by interminably slowly) waiting for bedtime/Monday morning/something to happen.

Tick tock.

Tick tock.

Tick tock.

It’s incredibly frustrating, just waiting and waiting so over the weekend we tried a variety of different methods to ‘encourage’ the little one. Jenny had a bath with some sort of…stuff, that supposedly can kickstart labour. Didn’t work. We drove over a bumpy road, twice. Nothing. We had spicy food all three nights. Nada. Jenny bounced on the exercise ball like her life depended on it. Zip.

We haven’t tried sex yet. Mainly because a) as we noted before, pregnancy sex is all kinds of weird, and b) at the consultant appointment Jenny had a sweep, which is exactly what it sounds like. The doctor stuck two fingers up my missus, had a feel around, and told us she could feel the baby’s head. So if she can feel that with her fingers, I’ve no doubt I could feel it with my wang. Unless, as I didn’t really look at how far the doctor was all up in my wife, she was like wrist deep in my wife’s lady parts. I don’t think my manhood is that long. But still, I would be like Seth Rogen in Knocked Up, not wanting to poke my baby in the face with my dick.

So we wait.

And wait.

And wait.

And wait.

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock….

No comments:

Post a Comment