Monday 7 July 2014

Guessing Games



If you’ve hazarded a guess at what the sex of my child is going to be, why don’t you hazard a guess at the chances that I hate you?

I’ll save you the bother. 100%.

And if you also happen to be right, and say something along the lines of “Didn’t I tell you?” I’ll hate you even more. I’ll 1000% hate you. I’ll hate you ten times more than it’s actually possible to hate someone. That’s how much I’ll hate you.

Now you might say that I’m overreacting. I might tell you to fuck off. Guessing the sex of a child is hardly in the same realm as a high stakes poker game. It can literally only be one of two choices. 50/50, split straight down the middle. Mathematically speaking, there’s a 50% chance that you’re right. And you’ll act like you based that one in a million shot on some sort of old wives tale that if pregnant ladies bumps are this way so therefore it’s a boy. And if you’re right you’ll continue to perpetuate that myth until you’re proven wrong, in which case you’ll say that the baby was a fluke of nature or something.

The only time I’ll be impressed by a guess is if you think the baby will be a velociraptor, and it is.

Although if that happens that’ll be the least of my worries, one assumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment